DST/ Well-Test Engineer - VR/18897
Major Operator looking for a Well Test Engineer for a contract position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing future and fast track well testing programmes from initial phase through to end of well report including HPHT and deep-water applications.
- Selecting and coordinating all specialist inputs for DST, Subsea Test Tree (SSTT) and surface testing.
- Performing typical well engineering activities for this scope e.g. well planning, tubing stress analysis, contractor evaluation and selection from current available contracts, CWOP, peer reviews, HAZOP/HAZID and risk assessment all in a timely manner.
- Providing experienced well site supervision during operations.
- Assessing and providing solutions regarding interfacing with the selected rig.
- Applying technical skills with innovative thinking to obtain positive outcomes: propose changes to the norm and / or innovations with properly identified risks and expected benefits.
- Optimising safe working practices in the development of operational programmes. Liaising with the Well Examiner to ensure programs are in line with the Well Examination Scheme.
- Accurately preparing budgets and durations for assigned work scopes.
- Ensuring all equipment is prepared, checked and that all services are in place. Developing load out plans with logistics.
- Supervising small task forces as required to resolve engineering / technical issues and lead operational implementation of solutions.
Candidates Skills / Experience Required:
- Significant experience in all aspects of offshore / DST / well testing including onshore preparation and offshore execution.
- Will be familiar with and able to prepare the SSTT services with assistance from the subsea team.
- Recent UK operator experience and will be familiar with the concept of company rules, general specifications, HSE notifications, codes and standards etc.
- Will have well performance / reservoir knowledge to assist programme development and on-site supervision.
- Organisational skills to deliver fast track wells.
- Hold all required certificates to work offshore.
- Hold current IWCF Drilling Well Control Level 4 (Supervisor) Surface and Combined certificate.