Instrument Engineer - VR/18913
An engineering service company is looking for an Instrument Engineer for a staff position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing technical expertise to Instrument Maintenance Department to support continuous plant operation.
- Identifying / designing improvements and progress to modification through formal processes to completion.
- Ensuring terminal safety, reliability and availability is maintained through monitoring of instrument maintenance performance, identifying equipment issues and appropriate actions to address.
- Carrying out incident and fault investigations to root cause problems and provide solutions.
- HND/HNC/BEng in Instrument Engineering or similar.
- Experience in Instrument Engineering/Maintenance supporting a continuous processing facility, e.g. refinery, offshore platform, gas terminal, etc.
- Extensive onshore site experience in a similar industry.
- Specifics in relation to: Instrumentation, pneumatics, valves, hazardous area equipment, functional safety and testing of safety instrumented systems, control systems, processes, procedures.
- Legislation and compliance experience.
- Financial and commercial awareness.
- Experience using a computer maintenance management systems (CMMS), eg Maximo, SAP, Q4, etc. and Microsoft Office