IT Analyst - VR/18912
Currently recruiting for an experienced IT Analyst on a permanent staff basis for a company based in Aberdeen.
The IT Analyst will be required to create SQL reports (SQL Server), PowerBI dashboards and complete application support tickets. The IT Analyst will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting user and customer application issues for key systems.
- Understanding existing EDI and web service integrations.
- Understanding database table structures in order to liaise, specify and create new reports and PowerBI dashboards for customers.
- Executing basic system administration tasks, such as creating new users, as well as running and scheduling reports.
- Assisting the business with software-based initiatives from customers.
General and Support / Tickets:
- Ensuring tickets are responded to in a timely manner.
- Liaising with clients to specify, implement and test new reporting requirements.
- Ad hoc duties as directed by the business, the Product Manager and the Global IT Director. This may include basic infrastructure support during peak times.
- Escalating items that require higher level approval, e.g. certain security changes, certain cross-country reporting.
Experience / Skills:
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in an IT Technical Support type role is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar IT Applications / Systems Analyst type role is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess excellent knowledge of IT technologies, including:
- Microsoft cloud technology, e.g. Office 365, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- SQL Query Writing.
- Understanding of SQL database structure and functions.
- SSRS report writing experience would be preferred.
- IIS experience would be preferred.
- Basic coding experience / skills would be advantageous.