Currently recruiting for an experienced IT Desktop Support Analyst on a permanent staff basis for an Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeen.
The IT Desktop Support Analyst will execute service requests for end-users and / or other IT Service Desk Engineers with regards to laptop / desktop hardware and software, mobile phones, subscriptions and IT supplies and peripherals, including administration of users and assets in line with SLA’s and service portfolio, in order to realise optimal IT services and support.
The IT Desktop Support Analyst will be responsible for fulfilling the IT requests from end-users and / or other IT Service Desk Engineers. He / she will liaise with the budget holders to obtain approval for requests, will place the orders by the relevant suppliers and will keep control on the final delivery of products. He / she will also take care of the approval of invoices and allocation of costs, as well as keep the user and asset database up-to-date.
The IT Desktop Support Analyst will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Validate service request with appropriate budget holder.
- Place order with relevant supplier and track the order process.
- Ensure financial follow-up of order, including recharging to the appropriate cost centre.
- Maintain service requests in the appropriate administrative systems.
- Maintain an up-to-date asset management database for all defined assets (PC’s, mobile phones, subscriptions etc).
- Provide periodic reports on assets, amongst others, to check balance in support of planning, the budgeting process and the performance monitoring of service providers.
- Maintain changes in the applicable user database(s) with regard to user status (e.g. Active Directory).
- Provide periodic reports on users, amongst others, to check statuses and entitlements, in order to support the planning and budgeting process.
Service Optimisation and Quality Assurance:
- Maintain performance records of sources of supply (internal and external).
- Participate in supplier meetings to discuss performance and delivery issues, in order to maintain the appropriate quality standards.
- Review periodically service processes to provide advice to the Service Level Manager and local IT Coordinators so that services can be improved.
Experience / Skills:
- Previous and specific experience in an IT Desktop Support Analyst type role with a large organisation is essential.
- Previous and specific experience in an IT Desktop Support Analyst type role within the Oil and Gas Industry would be highly desirable.
- Experience with simple hardware and software installations (IMAC) and / or operations (e.g. backups) is essential.
- Experience in end-user IT support with MS Office products and mobile devices is essential.
- Knowledge of the Service Process Framework (ITIL) is essential.