Project Control, Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer - VR/19293
Currently recruiting for an experienced Project Control, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Project Control, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing project control from initial approval to commissioning and handover.
- Developing and delivering Cost, Time, Resource (CTR) quotations.
- Implementing technical processes and procedures with respect to Small Bore Tubing (SBT), Instrumentation and Electrical design, installation, flushing & testing / sampling and inspection services.
- Developing work packs for SBT, Electrical, Instrumentation and Control work scopes, as agreed with clients, and performing engineering activities in order to deliver fully developed work packs. This can be survey, inspection, repair, installation, manufacturing, test, flush and commissioning work scopes.
- In line with Industry Standards and best practise, implementing technical processes and procedures with respect to Electrical, Control and Instrumentation System operations, installation, commissioning and repair.
- Liaising with Customer Focal Points to ensure the pro-active management and delivery of the services, in line with client contracts and individual project / work scopes.
- Preparing project plans and programmes to ensure work is carried out in accordance with company procedures and client requirements.
- Operationally managing site-based Engineers while they are working on projects.
- Preparing workpacks for execution of services in accordance with customer requirements and Company procedures.
- Developing and maintaining project schedule and evaluating, organising and prioritising workload within a schedule.
- Ensuring client project / work scopes are completed in line with Company / Client agreed procedures.
- Presenting work scope and asset presentations and delivering to client.
- Attending customer meetings to establish and confirm precise Engineering requirements and integrating this information into workpacks, in line with client requirements and Company HSEQ procedures and processes.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure clarity of understanding of all customer / project requirements.
- Ensuring full compliance, during all engineering and related activities, with regard to sound engineering practice and adherence to relevant internal and external procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Ensuring the development and improvement of existing products and services.
- Ensuring activities within the Division meet agreed target completion dates.
- Responsible for the assembly and managing of work scope closeout documents and procedures.
- Leading the team in resolving instrument, control and electrical technical issues.
- Providing technical assistance during construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree / HND qualification in Electrical Engineering or Control and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Previous experience in a similar Project Control, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer type role within the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Design experience with small bore tubing / instrumentation, controls and electrical systems.
- Experience of carrying out engineering design, development and manufacture of Hydraulic, Instrumentation and SBT Process Control systems.
- Experience with the development of P&IDs and documentation packs.
- Experience with the development of SBT, instrument and controls and electrical work packs.
- Chartered Engineering status, or working towards.
- Previous experience of working in an Oil and Gas Service Company environment.
- Experience of working with Hydraulic systems.
- PED / ATEX knowledge.
- Experience with AutoCAD Inventor, or with similar design packages.