We are currently assisting a Global Operator with their requirement for a Senior Environmental Engineer.
The ideal candidate will be available at short notice to cover maternity leave until March 2020, educated to degree level in an engineering or environmental related discipline and possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a similar role within the oil and gas industry.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, this position is based West of the city centre in Aberdeen and requires an immediate or near future start.
Duties will include:
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry and professional best practice through effective networking, professional organisations, journals, etc.
- Providing environmental expertise and advice to Asset Field Operations, Performance and Growth, Geosciences, Wells Construction and Maintenance Teams. Responsible for providing support to site based HSE professionals and working with them on common objectives.
- Responsible for the inputting of environmental objectives into the annual asset HSE improvement plan.
- Responsible for the inputting of Environmental audits into the annual asset audit plan through a risk-based assessment looking at areas such as legal compliance and incident trends.
- Responsible for inputting into the annual monitoring plan for the asset.
- Responsible for implementing of the work programme for ISO14001 certification, including on and offshore surveillance / re-certification audits within the asset.
- Responsible for conducting monitoring activities and audits in accordance with the asset plans.
- Responsible for ensuring the Asset Aspects and Impacts Register is kept up to date and for providing the necessary technical input to operations to achieve this.
- Responsible for the production of appropriate Level 3 and Level 4 procedures and related training materials for environment. This may require spending a period of time on the operational site during roll-out and implementation.
- Responsible for liaising with regulatory bodies (BEIS, SEPA, etc.): permitting regime, regulatory inspections. Ensuring compliance with country specific environmental legislation and company rules in line with continuous improvement principles
- Facilitating accident investigation / root cause analysis.
- Managing preparation of environmental statements for new developments.
- Chairing onshore Environmental Focus Team meetings involving personnel from various disciplines.
- Training member of the Oil Spill Response Group in an event of major spill.
- Following up of environmental incidents.
- Responsible for the HSE evaluation of contractors during the ITT process and the follow up of any recommendations made during the HSE evaluation.
- Providing technical input on contractor / consultant selection in contracts with environmental management element.