Mechanical Engineer - Piping & Structures - VR/20161
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Engineer - Piping & Structures on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Angus.
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer – Piping & Structures will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Producing and checking mechanical engineering documentation and deliverables for packaged modules and standalone structures and pipework.
- Ensuring all deliverables are technically in accordance with client requirements.
- Ensuring timely and thorough reviewing of client specifications – identifying missing information and communicating findings.
- Participating in internal design review meetings, being aware of commercial implications.
- Ensuring that internal checking and approvals procedures are adhered to.
- Ensuring that document numbering and revision control procedures are conformed to.
- Preparing and checking Technical Requisition documents for sub-vended engineering scope.
- Assisting in the preparation of Technical Requisitions for any third-party design review or verification.
- Reviewing and recommending Subcontract / Sub-vendor quotes.
- Reporting any design changes, which may have a cost or schedule impact to the relevant project personnel.
- Attending and participating in client meetings.
- Contributing to the investigation, resolution and documentation of engineering queries in a timely and technically acceptable fashion.
- Contributing to induction training.
- Analysing client requirements and technical specifications.
- Providing technical solutions and develop calculations.
- Designing and sketching of structures and piping lines within the package.
- Supporting documentation for proposals.
- Presenting and reporting to Managers and customers on technical subjects.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An HNC / HND qualification in a relevant Mechanical Engineering discipline is essential.
- Previous mechanical engineering experience, within the field of stress analysis, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Mechanical Engineer – Piping & Structures type role, within the Oil & Gas Industry, is essential.
- Previous experience with pressure vessels, offshore structures and pipework would be preferred.
- Previous experience with fluid Systems, such as separation & mixing processes, water treatment and sand handling packages would be preferred.
- Proficiency in pressure vessels, pipework and structural analysis calculation software (Caesar II and) is essential. Experience with SAFI would be preferred.
- Experience with Finglow software would be preferred.
- A working knowledge of pressure containment codes (ASTM, PED, PD5500, ASME and EN) and their applications is essential.