Currently recruiting for an experienced Electronic Engineer - Battery Systems on a permanent staff basis for an Oil & Gas company based in Aberdeen.
The Electronic Engineer will specialise in Battery R&D and will provide operationally useful insight and analysis based on the company’s extensive battery testing and development programme.
The Electronic Engineer – Battery Systems will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Leading a small team in the day-to-day aspects of the company’s specialist battery R&D programme, using their large scale long-term automated systems.
- Providing ongoing reporting and analysis on the company’s ever-growing data set.
- Maintaining, adapting, updating and evolving the design of the company’s test systems and research strategies, as new requirements and applications emerge.
- Designing ad-hoc experiments to address new lines of investigation as they come up (by writing and leading the implementation of Test Plans etc, and by providing hands-on assistance where appropriate).
- Liaising with multiple Engineering Teams for contributing to the battery related aspects of new product development work.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, or a similar discipline, is essential.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar Electronic Engineer type role, within the Oil & Gas Industry, is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of the issues related to various battery chemistries is essential.
- Experience with data analysis is essential.
- Experience in electronic testing is essential.
- Experience of working with SQL databases and large data-sets is essential.
- Experience of working with national instrument data acquisition systems and software is essential.
- Experience with MS Excel and MS C#.net is essential.