IT Analyst (Applications) - VR/20352
Currently recruiting for an experienced IT Analyst (Applications) on a permanent staff basis for a company based in Aberdeen.
The IT Analyst will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting user and customer application issues for key systems.
- Understanding existing EDI and web service integrations.
- Understanding database table structures in order to liaise, specify, and create new SSRS reports and PowerBi dashboards for customers.
- Maintaining current Biztalk environment and update mappings as required.
- Executing basic system administration tasks, such as creating new users, as well as creating and scheduling reports.
- Assisting the business with software-based initiatives from customers. This may involve the use of SQL, IIS and Excel automation (VBA).
General & Support / Tickets:
- Ensuring tickets are responded to in a timely manner.
- Liaising with clients to specify, implement and test new reporting requirements.
- Ad-hoc duties as directed by the business, the Product Managers, and the Global IT Director. This may include basic infrastructure support during peak times.
- Escalating items that require higher level approval, e.g. certain security changes, certain cross-country reporting etc (guidance will be given).
- Assisting the Product Managers with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of new features and bug fixes.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Relevant IT qualifications would be preferred.
- Previous and specific experience in an IT Applications / Systems Analyst type role is essential.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in an IT technical support type role is essential.
- Experience with the following IT technologies would be preferred:
- SQL query writing.
- SSRS / PowerBi report writing.
- An understanding of B2B system integrations - enough to coordinate a project up to development handoff.
- An understanding of SQL database structure and functions.
- Windows Server / IIS.
- C# exposure.
- Biztalk configuration.
- Microsoft cloud technology, e.g. Office 365, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A basic knowledge of SharePoint Administration would be preferred.