Currently recruiting for an experienced Design Draughtsperson on a contract basis for a large Oil and Gas company based in Angus. The contract will likely last for up to 6 months and the client is ideally looking to take on someone who is available at short notice.
Working within the Process and Flow Technologies division, the Design Draughtsperson will be involved in the 3D and 2D detailing of pressure vessels, piping, structure and packaged components for the design of essential offshore equipment and multilevel skid packages.
The Design Draughtsperson will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Producing and checking drawings, 3D models and design.
- Ensuring all deliverables are technically in accordance with client requirements.
- Ensuring timely and thorough review of client specifications and communication of findings.
- Participating in internal design review meetings, being aware of commercial implications.
- Ensuring that internal checking and approvals procedures are adhered to.
- Ensuring that document numbering and revision control procedure is adhered to.
- Preparing and checking technical requisition documents for sub-vended engineering scope.
- Assisting in the preparation of technical requisitions for any third-party design review or verification.
- Reviewing and recommending subcontract / sub-vendor quotes.
- Reporting any design changes, which may have a cost or schedule impact to the relevant project personnel.
- Attending and participating in client meetings.
- Contributing to the investigation, resolution and documentation of engineering queries in a timely and technically acceptable fashion.
- Contributing to induction training.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A HNC / HND qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Design Draughtsperson type role, within the Oil and Gas industry, is essential.
- Previous and extensive experience with AutoCAD is essential.
- Knowledge of PED and ASME is essential.
- A strong understanding of engineering documents and drawings, including P&IDs, ISO drawings, calculation reports etc, is essential.
- Experience in the design of packaged equipment would be preferred.
- Experience with sand, water and oil treatment packages would be preferred.
- Autodesk Inventor and Plant 3D experience would be preferred.
- Knowledge of NACE, NORSOK, ATEX AND IECEX standards would be preferred.