Legal Advisor - VR/20544
An independent oil and gas company based in the centre of Aberdeen are looking to add a Legal Advisor to their team. This role would suit a newly qualified Solicitor or someone qualified with around 2 years of experience.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, the role supports commercial and legal matters locally.
Main duties include:
- Negotiating and advising on Licences, Joint Operating Agreements, similar agreements and documents.
- Reviewing progress of litigation and claims and liaising with external lawyers.
- Providing support to the Business Development Team on law related issues.
- Monitoring compliance with statutory obligations and advising accordingly.
- Providing status updates on regulatory developments and ensure implementation.
- Participating in Commercial and Legal Function Team meetings.
- Working with the International Legal Team, providing support on a broad range of legal issues.
This is an excellent role for someone looking to gain experience in an E&P environment. You must have excellent negotiation skills and first-rate legal drafting skills.