Well Performance Engineer - VR/20592
Currently recruiting for an experienced Well Performance Engineer on a contract basis for an Oil and Gas Operator based in Aberdeen. The contract will initially run until November 2019, but it will be extended, and the client is ideally looking to take on someone who is available at short notice.
Reporting to the Production Optimisation Leader, the Well Performance Engineer will be expected to identify, evaluate, recommend and implement opportunities to maximise value in terms of production, well and reservoir performance over the short to medium term.
The Well Performance Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting daily production optimisation efforts for Quad 9 and Quad 15/30 Fields’ production systems to reach their maximum production limit. Monitoring and evaluating offshore well production and surface process performance, and report changing production parameters in a systematic manner.
- Supporting offshore production operations e.g. daily communication with CRO, weekly production performance meetings, monthly issuance of field Production Optimisation Guidelines (POG), etc.
- Updating and maintaining well models in PROSPER to support all production optimisation efforts. Maintaining and utilising the field system network model in GAP of its capacities and potentials. Using this calibrated model, identifying production bottlenecks (and possible future bottlenecks) and recommending economic solutions to remove or mitigate these bottlenecks.
- Managing sand production from the well e.g. monitoring daily the acoustic sand detection system, identifying sand events with changing production conditions, providing input to the monthly ENS sand management meeting and understanding sand sampling results.
- Managing the well testing programme for all producing wells from scheduling. Updating procedure, if required, and verifying well test data and proper documentation of well test data in the production database.
- Coordinating evaluations of production loss, ensuring proper categorisation and through a validation during the weekly production performance meeting. Informing the Hydrocarbon Allocation Team of these losses. Continuously developing plans to prevent losses with regards to well performance.
- Ensuring well integrity testing is conducted on time with the right procedure. If required, interface with the Well Integrity Team in the event wells fail the testing requirements and contribute to the follow up tasks, if any.
- Optimising gas lift wells and the lift gas system e.g. gas lift modelling, lift gas distribution modelling, and recommend GLV changes, if required.
- Preparing, attending and contributing in the weekly production performance meeting and monthly production performance group meeting.
- Supporting production forecasting for weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual forecast requirements. Supporting preparation of requests to OGA for developing yearly production and flaring requirements. Supporting the Hydrocarbon Accounting Team on production reporting and allocation. Supporting Geoscience Teams in well, reservoir and facility reviews.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Well Performance Engineer type role, within the Oil and Gas industry, is essential.
- 3+ years’ experience in the Oil and Gas industry, within the reservoir / drilling / completion / process engineering fields is essential.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas is essential: production engineering, well performance engineering, process engineering and subsea systems.
- Experience of site operations, such as well construction, well interventions and facilities / process operations, is essential.