Currently recruiting for an experienced 1st Level IT Support on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas client based in Aberdeen.
The 1st Level IT Support will provide 1st line (helpdesk) technical support to internal customers, assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone, email or onsite.
The 1st Level IT Support will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing technical support; answering support queries either onsite or via phone or email.
- Maintaining a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Taking ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Logging all calls on the call logging system and maintain full documentation.
- Responding to enquiries from clients and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
- Maintaining a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
- Providing support to users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- Allocating more complex service issues to the relevant IT Support Member.
- Arranging for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house.
- Ensuring that all SLA’s are met.
- Maintaining an inventory of computer assets with the aim to have continual stock available (within reason).
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant 1st line or helpdesk support experience is essential.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with an emphasis on Windows desktop technologies, including Windows 7 / 10, is essential.
- Experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, is required.
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook within a network environment, including permissions, calendar sharing, and delegation, is essential.
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration is essential.
- MCP certification would be beneficial, but is not essential.