Currently recruiting for an experienced Civil / Structural CAD Technician on a permanent staff basis for an engineering consultancy based in Aberdeen.
The Civil / Structural CAD Technician will be required to produce accurate technical engineering drawings, in accordance with the appropriate specifications, on projects predominately within the Maritime Civil Engineering sector. The Civil / Structural CAD Technician will also work alongside Engineers, Senior Technicians and Architects on a wide range of projects across a variety of sectors, including civil engineering, healthcare and port services.
Experience / Qualifications:
- HNC qualification in Civil / Structural Engineering, as a minimum, is essential.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role, within an engineering consultancy environment, is essential.
- Previous experience with maritime engineering structures (ports, harbours, marinas, etc) would be preferred.
- Experience in detailing structural steelwork is essential.
- Experience in detailing civil engineering works is essential.
- Experience in detailing reinforcement and producing bar bending schedules is essential.
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD is essential and applicants will ideally have a working knowledge of 3D software, such as Revit Structure.