Pipe Yard Manager - VR/20573
Our client is looking to recruit a Pipe Yard Manager on a permanent staff basis for their site in Portlethen. For further details please see below.
Working with Material Controllers controlling Customer Inventory held in storage using the appropriate systems.
- Ensuring yard utilisation is optimised i.e. proactive allocation of locations for new Pups and Tubular deliveries etc
- Reporting on KPIs as advised and agreed with Management Team.
- Ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Operating the yards in line with agreed customer operating procedures.
- Overseeing and monitoring subcontractors such as forklifts, hauliers, crane and consumable suppliers etc.
- Managing and overseeing yard operations in Aberdeen.
- Responsible for Health and Safety within all yard areas.
- Managing the Yard Specialist and Planning and Logistics Coordinator and has overall responsibility for all yard staff and personnel issues.
- Optimising labour and third-party usage within the yard operations.
- Developing and delivering the yard quality plan.
- Managing training and skills matrix of Yard Operation Teams and ensuring that all certificates are validated and renewed.
- Responsible for internal ROMS system movements, processes and accuracy.
- Assuming P&L cost responsibility for yard functions.
- Supporting Operations Manager where required.
- Assisting in the review of risk assessments and safe working procedures.
- Ensuring implementation of company policies and procedures with regard to quality, health and safety and environment.
- Ensuring staff and contractors are aware of the SHEQ procedures of the yard / plant / maintenance.
- Reporting any incidents or non-conformances immediately to the SHEQ Systems Manager.
- Processing environmental paperwork such as waste transfer notes, ensuring that SEPA notes are forwarded to the Group HSEQ Manager for review and filing.
- Setting an example to all employees by appropriate use of PPE.
- Ensuring required certification is maintained such as banksman slinger tickets.
- Complying with all rules and regulations.
- Completing annual appraisals for all yard staff.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Prior experience working in a Supervisory role.
- OCTG experience is essential.
- Ability to challenge in a positive manner.
- In-depth knowledge of IT packages i.e. Microsoft Office etc.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, solution orientated.
- Driven to achieve results, get things done.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of safety, quality, and cost objectives.
- Commitment to providing the highest level of support and quality.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional planning skills.