Software Support Engineer - VR/20399
Currently recruiting for an experienced Software Support Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeenshire.
Reporting to the Lead Controls Engineer, the Software Support Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Working independently and as part of the Repair and Field Services Team to develop, maintain and support various software projects.
- Repair and Field Services Expert on software and electrical issues for troubleshooting and for providing assistance to customers and client Technicians.
- Assisting the Lead Controls Engineer and Manufacturing in order to assist with the development, improvement and testing of new and existing products.
- Following, reviewing and creating work instructions and procedures for software and support related activities.
- Providing training and support to Field Service Technicians globally.
- Assisting with the testing of manufactured products.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant discipline, or a minimum of 5 years’ equivalent experience in a relevant role, is essential.
- Lean knowledge would be preferred.
- Experience of software programming, including experience of testing and troubleshooting in C#, is essential.
- Demonstrable working knowledge and understanding of PLC Controls equipment, including Allen Bradley and Siemens, would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to be able to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications and have an understanding of engineering terminologies.
- An understanding of hydraulic systems and schematics would be preferred.
- An understanding of torque equipment would be preferred.