Exciting opportunity to join a leading global oil services company as part of their global tax team. Providing dedicated support to one of their divisions, reporting directly to one of the Group’s UK Tax Directors and also to the Finance Director of the division.
The ideal candidate will have significant practical International Taxation experience, to provide tax planning and compliance support for projects and entities across multiple jurisdictions, as well as input on a range of legal, commercial and treasury issues. This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to work in a fast-paced environment, and develop their business partnering skills across a range of tax and commercial issues. The role requires extensive liaison with, and management of, internal stakeholders, as well as management of external advisors and communication with tax authorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Day-to-day responsibility for all tax issues pertaining to the division including corporate tax, withholding tax, stamp tax and VAT.
- Provision of tax advice to the tender team in relation to anticipated tax costs, compliance obligations and other tax aspects associated with tenders.
- Input as to the optimal tax structure for operating in new jurisdictions, and management of the associated tax compliance.
- Assessing, monitoring and reporting on the tax risk profile of on-going projects.
- Responsibility for ensuring that tax registrations are completed, renewed, or closed out in a timely manner depending on the level and status of activities and prospects in any given jurisdiction.
- Ensuring tax processes and procedures are documented, and maintained up to date, including transfer pricing and intercompany agreements.
- Management of cash taxes payable, including liaison with the Treasury team.
- Quarterly and Year End tax reporting under IFRS.
- Liaison with external advisors regarding the preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual tax returns.
- Day-to-day management of tax professional fees budget and spend.
Qualifications and Education
- Candidates should ideally be educated to degree level.
- Candidates must have a professional accounting or tax qualification.
- Candidate will ideally have 1-2 years post qualification experience.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Candidates should be able to work without direct supervision and to solve problems using own initiative.