Corporate Tax Manager - VR/16552
Exciting opportunity to join a leading professional services firm as a Corporate Tax Manager. A chance to work on a challenging and varied transactional client portfolio.
Candidates should have strong technical skills in this area and ideally have oil and gas experience. CA, CTA or equivalent qualification required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day responsibility for managing a portfolio of on-going client relationships, supporting the Energy Team on tax advisory projects and assisting in winning and developing work.
- Ability to manage a varied client portfolio and one off projects is essential.
- Responsibility for managing and developing junior members of the team.
- Providing clients with advice on tax matters relevant to their business and be responsible for introducing other specialists and services as appropriate.
- Establishing effective working relationships with client staff and maintaining / developing on-going client relationships.
- Part of Client Service and Project Teams across the business.
- Developing managerial and leadership role – working closely with other lines of service such as corporate finance, transaction services and assurance in delivering seamless client service.
- Involved in the financial management of the relationship, ensuring work is delivered on time / within budget.
- Contributing to the development of personal / team knowledge, building your own network of contacts, keeping up-to-date with changes in law and the firm's products and services and keeping up-to-date with local / national business and economic issues.
- Role will be primarily corporate tax advisory, M&A tax and structuring / advisory.
- Working with specialists including: Transactions Support; International Tax Planning and working with teams in international locations.
- Must have strong technical skills in corporate tax combined with the ability to provide a commercial tax service to clients and lead teams of highly motivated people.
- Oil and Gas experience is beneficial in this role, however, training will be provided to the successful candidate.