Shipping Administrator - VR/17263
An opportunity has arisen for a Shipping Administrator to join our client, based in Kintore, for a 12 week temporary assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing export documentation ensuring the correct commodity codes and custom procedure codes are used.
- Organising the shipment of all export orders: obtaining quotes from freight agents, preparing all relevant documentation.
- Adhering to shipping / receiving and regulatory-compliance procedures.
- Processing sales invoices when orders are collected.
- Completing accurate documentation such as pick lists, bills of lading, work orders, dangerous goods notes and shipping orders using computer-based technology in line with regulations according to the country of destination.
- Advising freight agent of import clearance instructions and maintain customs import records.
- Assisting in preparation of audits / inspections both internal company and by external bodies.
- Completing monthly reporting to HMRC on diversions to home use and Intrastat.
- Completing month end report for accounts department.
- Maintaining HMRC records.
- Completing daily shipping and receiving logs.
- Dispatching freight for delivery and arrange for pickups.
- Recording shipment data such as weight, charges and damages.
Applicants to this role should offer previous experience in a similar role and working knowledge of logistics, import / export and customs procedures.