Cost Analyst - VR/17859
Our client, an oil and gas operator, based in Aberdeen is looking for 2 Cost Analysts on a contract basis.
Starting as soon as possible, initially through to November its likely these positions will be reviewed annually.
The main duties include:
- Preparing timely and accurate cost reporting for both internal and external clients.
- Analysing actual costs and forecast expenditure providing details on variances between budget and forecast.
- Preparing budgets in conjunction with budget holders.
- Challenging forecasts and expenditure to ensure ‘value for money’ and consistency of approach.
- Reviewing cost allocation and charge-back mechanisms.
- Regularly forecasting expenditure against budget, highlighting anomalies, whilst helping promote cost consciousness amongst budget holders.
- Providing back up to the Cost Administrators in conjunction with Contract Representatives for amendments to commitments.
- Progressing invoice approval in role of financial authority and liaising with technical authorities.
- Ensuring correct coding is applied to all cost commitments.
- Assisting in the preparation of project cost estimates.
- Assisting with audit and SOX requirements.