Currently recruiting for an experienced Technical Focal Point (Rotating Equipment) on a permanent staff basis for an Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, the Technical Focal Point will be responsible for the successful delivery of key maintenance contracts, with a particular focus on the coordination of repair and engineering activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and coordinating workload in order to meet business / client requirements.
- Ensuring technical and commercial conditions of contract are known and fully adhered to.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining strong working relationships and regular communication with client(s).
- Working closely with other areas of the business to deliver contract requirements.
- Facilitating repairs through the company’s workshops, spare parts supply, third-party activities and engineering requirements.
- Producing management / client reports in a timely manner as required.
- Utilising business systems to manage order input, invoicing, job cost interrogation, PO requests, despatch notes / CoCs etc.
- Developing and populating regular financial reports covering invoicing, forecasts, Work in Progress (WIP) etc.
- Conducting WIP reviews (internally and with client).
- Leading quarterly and annual contract performance reviews with client.
- Driving On Time Delivery (OTD) performance and managing / monitoring other contract defined KPIs.
- Expediting potential orders to maximise financial performance.
- Ensuring full compliance with contract terms and conditions at all times.
- Securing and supporting spares-supply and projects work.
- Attending client maintenance calls, answering pump-related questions and providing guidance as required.
- Project managing / monitoring / expediting third-party work as required.
- Coordinating offshore field service visits (offshore attendance not essential).
- Hosting client visits to internal facilities.
- Conducting visits to clients in line with the requirements of the role.
- Closing out customer complaints / NCRs and warranty claims in a timely manner in line with company and client requirements.
Qualifications / Experience:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline would be preferred.
- Previous and specific experience in a similar Technical Focal Point type role within the Rotating Equipment field is essential.
- Experience of working within a Contract / Technical Support / Project engineering environment within the Oil and Gas industry is essential.
- Strong working knowledge of repair / build methods and / or the operation of rotating machinery and systems is essential. Specific experience with pumps would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to have broad experience with major OEM products and service offerings, specifically relating to rotating equipment.