IT Business Applications Team Lead - VR/18257
Currently recruiting for an experienced IT Business Applications Team Lead on a permanent staff basis for an Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Head of IT, the IT Business Applications Team Lead will manage and support the Applications Team to ensure the delivery of a high-quality service to customers. The IT Business Applications Team Lead will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing, developing and managing all IT applications projects, from initiation and delivery, right through to completion.
- Ensuring that the business expectations are met and that all projects are continually aligned with key stakeholders.
- Direct activities associated with project tasks and prioritisation.
- Managing all project reporting documentation to provide timely progress updates and other relevant reports.
- Ensuring the effective hand-over to the operational support, which is inclusive of the Infrastructure and Applications Support functions.
- Ensuring that the applications operational management is managed in a timely and proficient manner, and performance is continually assessed using KPIs.
- Carrying out other tasks as agreed within the IT Function.
- Role Engagement:
- Project Management – Development of project management practices, achieving identified process automation and business efficiency improvements, through process analysis.
- Project Communication – Communication of project delivery progress, to ensure the business is aware of status and any related issues.
- Applicants will be expected to hold a relevant Degree qualification, as well as professional certification (e.g. PRINCE 2 Practitioner, PMI etc.).
- Previous and specific experience in a similar IT Business Applications Team Lead / Manager type role is essential.
- A minimum of 5 years’ project management experience in a role that requires involvement and understanding of business activities and strong business process knowledge is essential.
- Previous and extensive business process experience relating to HR / Payroll / Finance functions etc is essential.
- Applicants must have strong business process knowledge and experience, inclusive of technical architecture understanding.
- The successful candidate will be expected to drive projects forward, therefore previous IT based project management experience is essential.
- Previous experience of managing people is essential.
- Database administration experience would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to possess excellent knowledge of methodologies and project tools such as PRINCE 2, PMI and Microsoft Project.
- Develop effective relationships across the team and the business.
- Proficient in anticipating and understanding customer expectations, and ensure customer requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed. Focus on solving customer problems.
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and written, suitable for the management of and liaison across the business, covering the production of reports, as well as the preparation, organisation and delivery of presentations, using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Effective at determining the appropriate course of action to effectively manage and prioritise project implementation.
- Effective in contributing effectively towards the objectives of the team, and be able to share knowledge, ideas and information.
- Able to solve problems in a measured and creative way. Be proactive in relation to identifying and undertaking activities that are to the benefit of the business.
- Effective at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation, with a focus to resolve.
- Take initiative to ensure technical skills and specialisations are kept up to date and in line with industry developments.