IT Technical Support Specialist - Shipping - VR/18517
Currently recruiting for an experienced IT Technical Support Specialist - Shipping on a permanent staff basis for a company based in Aberdeen.
The IT Technical Support Specialist will provide 1st line technical support to clients, which will include software installations, crew training and general problem solving.
The IT Technical Support Specialist will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing client support via telephone and e-mail.
- Prioritising support for the product suite, including digital charts and publications services.
- Supporting problem tracking databases.
- Maintaining status and resolution records.
- Suggesting improvements for better performance of the products and services when needed.
- Involvement in customer installation and training.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a Customer Service / Technical Support front line environment.
- Previous and specific experience in a similar Technical Support Specialist / IT Support Analyst / Helpdesk Analyst type role.
- Basic IT understanding related to software installations and operating systems.
- Experience with Windows based platforms.
- Maritime Navigation Services background.
- Technical knowledge of Digital Products provided by The United Kingdom Hydrographic Office (UKHO), or equivalent.
- Experience with Navigational Systems & Programmes, as well as CRM systems.