Our client, an oil and gas operator based just outside of Aberdeen, has a requirement for a Logistics Specialist on a contract through to the end of 2019.
The Logistics Specialist will contribute to the development and execution of strategies / plans covering all aspect of logistics (including supply bases, marine, aviation, land transportation, customs and international freight forwarding) for Deepwater Delivery projects.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development and execution of Logistics support services, comprising the following:
- Aviation (fixed and rotary wing).
- Marine (PSVs, AHTSs, ERRVs).
- Freight forwarding.
- Acting as Contract Owner supporting all formal contracting activities relating to logistics contracts including, assessment of internal and external demand, developing strategies, pre-qualifications and tender list development.
- Analysis of tenders, contract negotiations, preparation of contractual documentation and contract management plans.
- Understanding the key suppliers and trends in the Supply Market and geographical regions to help make better supply chain management decisions.
- Providing proactive advice in terms of mitigating / managing commercial and business risk.
Applicants to this role should offer the following:
- Extensive experience in a similar logistics role in the oil and gas industry.
- Proven understanding of joint venture operations.
- Proven capability to successfully negotiate, implement and manage high value contract / framework agreements.
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure.
- Ability to interact with and influence, internally and externally.
- Assertiveness / ability to articulate clearly.
- Numerate, analytical and logical.
- Good organisational skills.
- Effective relationship-builder at all levels, internally and externally.
- Excellent networks with other operators, industry bodies, etc.