Our client has an urgent requirement for a QHSE Advisor to join their team on a 6-month temporary basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The QHSE Advisor is responsible for the execution of tasks related to the QHSE strategy. The job scope requires regular interaction with colleagues, clients and occasionally government entities.
- Checking that proper techniques are utilised for hazardous activities.
- Supporting and educating on the company’s QHSE culture.
- Performing risk assessments.
- Coordinating regular safety meetings and QHSE training.
- Validating that quality systems and processes are being used.
- Reporting and investigating incidents.
- Verifying that actions are taken to control potentially hazardous situations.
- Supervising the execution of monthly inspections and implementing a hazard hunt program.
- Verifying that facilities have current spill response plans implemented.
- Assisting product lines with preparation and implementation of service quality plans.
- Auditing of critical suppliers.
- Maintaining QHSE certification.
- Ensuring implementation of, and compliance to, government regulations, with special consideration for hazardous materials.
- Participating in the annual verification audit program.
- Implementing management system changes and initiatives as prescribed by the Senior QHSE Manager.
- Assessing QHSE competence.
- Interfacing with clients on QHSE issues.
Applicants to this position should offer the following:
- Immediate availability / short notice.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience, preferably in an oilfield service environment.
- Relevant safety qualification, qualified auditor and qualified investigator.
- Time served in a QHSE Coordinator role.
- Incident management / failure analysis.
- Reliability and statistical data interpretation.
- Ability to make presentations to multi-disciplined groups, run effective workshops and produce reports / documentation.
- Ability to work across multi-functional job roles or in isolation.
- Ability to communicate with frontline workforce and demonstrate visible leadership in the field and workshop.
- Industrial Quality, Safety and Environmental knowledge.