Currently recruiting for an experienced Satellite Network Engineer (RF Engineer) on a permanent staff basis for a client based in Aberdeen.
The Satellite Network Engineer will provide design input and information to the company’s RF Services. He / she will run link budgets for pre-sales and propose solutions for customer services. This includes designing satellite network updates, monitoring system performance and diagnosing and fixing satellite network problems.
The Satellite Network Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
Designing and maintaining operational system updates:
- Creating, analysing and designing operational updates to the Ku satellite network, such as map files, option files and regulatory files that ensure continued operation at the highest efficiency.
- Leading trade study analysis on capacity addition, satellite system design and the most efficient use of capacity by performing link budget and RF analysis of the options.
- Supporting various engineering groups in the design and testing of new products and services in the lab and field, as required.
- Providing Link Budget analysis for pre-sales purposes.
Technical focal point to resolve operational issues:
- Overseeing / owning and resolving complex technical issues with the operations of satellite network. Responsible to drive issues to closure.
- Project managing technical issue resolutions that require cross functional team work.
- Providing Level 3 technical support to the Operations Centre.
Coordinate interaction with PAC capacity and procurement teams:
- Leading the coordination of link budget, capacity review and process change introductions with internal PAC departments and identify systemic issues with third party vendors.
Experience / Education:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant discipline (Computing Science, Computer Engineering, Network Engineering, Physics, Mathematics etc) is essential.
- 8+ years’ experience with satellite systems and RF engineering is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Satellite Network / RF Engineer type role is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess extensive experience with satellite system design, covering:
- iDirect modems or equivalent modems, including both system operations and air interface; and
- Satellite link budgets, RF analysis and coverage areas.
- Applicants will also be expected to possess experience / knowledge of the following areas:
- Automatic Beam Switching;
- Wireless technologies (GSM, 3G, 802.11); and
- Antenna theory and design.